Monday, July 29, 2002

You have chosen death...by quiz bowl, quiz bowl.
The beast of our weekend work is dead. And surprisingly it kicked before my work day ended. (I had 8:30 PM EDT in the pool for this assignment.) I feel good about it. It's a good set, geared exactly to what quiz bowl is not these days, that is accessible, interesting and fun for people who don't spend every waking our tooling through old packets. It's a good thing we're done with it, too. I can measure my level of stress sometimes by the pace of the music that gets stuck in my head. Usually it's mellow, but this time it was Bronzing the Garbage moving into Dogs and Chaplains, neither of which really works to have in your head when you're trying to type. (Incidentally: The one bit from Bronzing the Garbage that should have made it into stadium rotation would have been the perfect music for the hard inside pitch that doesn't hit the batter. Imagine that setup, and then someone drops in "HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION?!" through the loudspeakers.) A lot of people did incredible work to make this set roll, especially when we had to do it outside of the normal Ginseng channels, had we blown it by not making the deadline, that would have been toxic to the whole state of the cabal. I felt really good about the output to put it over the top, I pulled down something like 80 over 3 days, and Joe got back in it a little.

Well, now off to relax...crap, still have to write the Burns packet.... And the music starts playing again. "I'mahappyveryHAPPYVERYHAPPYGUY!!"

I'd have links for you, but a lot of you reading this are playing. I'll let you have it next week.

No comments: