Monday, July 22, 2002

Like two men who can't swim locking arms to do a backstroke.
It's hard for me to be ambivalent about USAir. (I don't care they call themselves US Airways, don't make me start going real retro and calling them Allegheny Airlines.) It's really the last dinosaur in town, and it needs someone to give the entire operation, labor and management, a collective cold shower. Like the steel industry before it, it got fat and overpriced, and believed itself indispensible. Were it not for the $1B government loan would they be any better off than Midway? Probably not.

I have to ask a simple question about this...
On one trip to Johns Hopkins for a tournament, we stayed at a motel that was right next to what was termed the "Decoy Museum", a museum of duck decoys. Now I'm wondering if it was merely a clever ploy to keep this safe.

No comments: