Monday, July 01, 2002

It's Monday, and nothing interesting happened over the weekend, as I spent it refurbishing an old laptop and bringing it up to speed for my needs. I'm now up to Windows 98 at home, which I see as a step down from 95. I'm turning into my father in a way. Considering he spent most of the 1980's and 90's building PC's out of individual components, and I basically built mine the same way, moving to any sort of prefab system where I can't field strip, diagnose, replace and reassemble blindfolded is alien territory for me.

And what is it with the Samoan?
Hunter S. Thompson vs Jerry Seinfeld.... This ought to be good. Reading this fax kinda makes me wonder if absolutely everything the Good Doctor writes comes off like this. I'm imagining shopping lists for Home Depot still wet with venom. "Few things terrify a man more than a halfwit unable to determine the difference between matte finish and semi-gloss, and the lobotomized, orange-aproned deritus will provide no guidance."

Chairman Yao
You figured something like this was going to happen eventually, but boy was this perfect. Could we possibly find one more way to asymptotically approach an international incident with this guy?

Now some stuff for writing:
Looking for old school basketball questions? A website that's got the funk.
Remember the ABA, one of the best sites abandoned league sites out there.

A ridiculous listing of symphonies
For filling that always tricky Symphonic Music subcategory.

No comments: