Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Notes from the Celebrity All-Star Game:
Winfield, Brett, Kruk, Ozzie Smith and Kenny Mayne in old unis.
Winfield: Old mustard and chocolate Padres Uni. The color brown was somehow drummed out of the league at about the same time the tan M&M got tossed (coincidence or causality?) It really should be brought back.
Brett: demonstrating the good and bad qualities of the old Royals uniforms. Good: light blue, Bad: light blue with white lettering. Looks like a T-ball jersey.
Kruk and Ozzie Smith: sorry, there's a reason the whole light blue jerseys with red lettering died out. I'm only sorry it took the burgundy Phillies color with them.
Mayne: Seattle Pilots Jersey. Excellent choice.

I don't care how old you are, I don't care if it's softball, I don't care if it's a Hall of Famer at the plate. You can't feel good giving up a homer to a relief pitcher. (in this case Rollie Fingers going yard, okay, outfield)

How to measure your addictions
A while back, when caffeinated water was released, you could measure your addiction to caffeine based on your reaction:
"Who would drink that?": No addiction.
"I'd drink it if I wasn't in the mood for something sweet.": Addiction.
"WHOA! I could make COFFEE with that!": Intervention Required (Switch to decaf, or switch out of engineering.)
I think the principle holds here.

A double barrelled shotgun for the Food&Drink category.
Nation's Restaurant News news about all sorts of franchise restaurants.
BevNet news and reviews about soft drinks of all manner.

No comments: