Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Probably our last update until Monday. I go to the land of Youppi! tomorrow.

Question for you all: Entering Freshman Contact List got a hit for a student going to a school in TWO years. Okay, your assignment: how do you set this up for the kid? No established team there. And the better question, do we really want to get in the business of setting people up this far in advance. I sort of get an odd LeBron James vibe here.

New Ancient Human Skull Find in Chad
Ever since hearing about this on NPR, I've had David Byrne's The Gates of Paradise playing in my head.
"I am nothing like my sister
I am nothing like my mom
You can't see me in my father
Wonder where did I come from?"

Lucy is now looking at the Leakey Family, asking if she was adopted.

Bad sign or weirdly subliminal?
There's an Acuvue web ad which they stuff Flash down my throat (I tend to browse with images off) in which they are sponsoring Enrique Inglesias' world tour. Okay, all well and good. EXCEPT: the reason they justify jamming Flash is that they want a little roaming contact lens, while the words "click here" flashes behind it. Why is this worthy of inclusion here, you ask? Well, with the roving contact, I swear I saw this thing flashing with the first C missing. Sorry, Enrique.
Disturbing, but it's no discussion of Cyril Wecht's public record. (See the dateline: Pennsylvania)

I know there's a tossup in there somewhere...
1 Even in the world of opera, people delude themselves by setting their standards too narrowly.
2 My head hurts, they're charged as adults for a crime that only minors can be guilty of, but the law sends them to adult court so they're charged as adults...
3 Obscure joke here: Do you think she subscribes to Chicken Outlaw Biker? Less obscure joke: It's in the basement of the Alamo. Dumb surrealist joke: Why do you hypnotize a chicken? To get to the other side.

Think of this as a variation on googlewhacking.
I figured I had a good shot at a googlewhack with the combination platypus-lederhosen. (don't ask me how I come up with these. They just happen.) S'anyway, I tried it in google, and while I didn't hit a googlewhack, I did hit what I would have to say are the strangest combination of web page summary quotes(the lines which contain the search terms that google gives you as guidance.) Just look.

No comments: