Monday, July 15, 2002

I have a headline with a Q on it.

First before we get to the festivities: I have to give some extra props to Eric Bell, for getting another 83 names for the EF Contact list. I'll be putting those up tonight, assuming I stay awake.

I think Joe said it best, when he said we did a trip to Montreal, without spoiling for us the opportunity to take a trip to Montreal. Craig will probably have a more complete score later on tonight, but... (In fact he did) Here's some notes.

0. The schedule:
Thurs: Fly up, planned trip to Alouettes game scrubbed due to sellout of game. Watch game from a sports bar.
Fri: Drive to Quebec. Tour the city, see a Quebec Capitales game. (Damage: one hat, one shirt.)
Sat: Drive to Ottawa. Tour the stadium. Discover that the way into the stadium is a little too open, discover that beavers built the stadium's new section. Discover that Manitoba truly can collapse like no other province. Discover that you never know when the Vezina trophy can be fondled. Discover that I probably did have a shooting touch in high school, had I had more than 1 month of floor hockey a year. Discover that the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame is really a hallway. Discover that the Corel Centre lies next to the headquarters of the Lords of Entropy. Discover there's a reason lemonade in Canada is so crappy. Discover that one can divide magazine sections into four sections: general interest, special interest, local interest, prurient interest.
Sun: Go to Stade Olympique, become frightened by the enormity of it all. Bask in the glory that is Youppi!, Find out exactly how many amino acids my body could take. Ran a network into the ground.
All in all, a well rounded bit of insanity.

1 The 12 meats:
Smoked salmon
Beef Stew
Pork Stew
Pork Chop
Corn Dog
Chicken Kebab
Beef Kebab
Kielbasa
Roast Beef
Baked Ham
Smoked Ham
Smoked Turkey
(I'm racking my brain trying to determine if the 13th meat was real or merely a repeat of one of the first 8.)
2. I think I speak for many of us in that if you had a problem with a product that cost you two weeks of effective work, recieved both minimal help and maximum apathy from customer service, and you found yourself in my position, turning around to see their corporate office right next to you; you'd be screaming obscenities as well.
3. Youppi, man... What can you say, the guy is a class act all around. I didn't realize he had slight separatist sympathies, but what other reason can he give for giving the props to my Capitales hat. It's sad to think that if the Expos leave, he'd be out of work. How can we draft a "Youppi for Comissioner" petition?
4. Quebec has the bomb, and I have the pictures to prove it. More information forthcoming.
5. If Quebec didn't have chicken and fried potatoes, the entire province would starve.


No comments: