Monday, July 22, 2002

Two pieces of weirdness as I type questions madly.

1. I have the game on the TV, and during a break they put an ad up showing celebrities and how they love their favorite team. Well, for some reason they couldn't get anyone to root for the Pirates (surprise!) so we get Frankie Muniz (who is REALLY turning into Fred Savage circa 1989), telling us how he used to follow the Mets, but now he follows the Brewers. Then they tack on an still shot urging us to buy tickets for Pirates-Giants. The hell? That was completely random.

2. Back circa 1985, Tim Kazurinsky had a sketch on SNL where he revealed that no two people in the world spell "Qaddafi" the same way. I'm not convinced that this premise isn't true regarding the pronunciation of "Vitaly Potapenko" Today I've heard it pronounced five different ways, including what I think has to be my favorite: "Vittle-y Popempko".

No comments: