Thursday, July 25, 2002

There is currently a large Puerto Rican flag hanging from our third flagpole outside the office. Thankfully it doesn't mean that Pennsylvania has sold us out. Today's Puerto Rico's 50th anniversary as a commonwealth.

I almost cursed it...
There were apparently plans up this morning to move some diet colas back into my section of the building. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed, (or at least my screaming about diet cola). We now have a map of the building telling us where to go for everything. Somehow this is benign Dilbertization.

Not so much tooting my own horn as much as it's such a perfect setup line...
"John Doe A man who knows everything doesn't know his own name or how he got where he is. Kind of like if Dwight Kidder got knocked on the head and left in a corn field in Nebraska." --Mark Coen

Don't think people haven't tried. Of course, if I end up in Nebraska, here's prime suspect number one. For the record, I don't know everything, I don't even know everything that's "important".

Our minor league sports dipstickery of the day:
Okay. Two things:
1. Would you want to coach the a team called the Nutz?
2.. Remember this team has something like an 20 game season, and they're on FOUR coaches?

I will agree with the idea that they are interesting, only in that a dying mall is the most soulless place on earth. That said, I went to this site and found something wrong within 4 minutes. (A minor point about Pyramid Mall, Ithaca which only would interest...wait...no, not even me...) I point this one out only because they've done their research on finding chain info. Look under Store Locator.

One very relevant quiz bowl issue I thought of last night.
Could the current business climate (or lets call it the current business prosecution climate) serve to bring back one of the categories that no one seems to write any more? I can trace the exact moment Current Events:Business questions went in the tank as a category, and it was right about the time Pat Matthews and Doug Bone stopped writing so damn many good ones. I will hold that they, like all current event questions have some value in asking, but like a lot of categories, we forgot to write about them along the way.

No comments: