Friday, August 30, 2002

Apparently as of two days ago, the project I am working on became the top priority for the new software release. I could tell this was coming a long time back because they're trying to rush it, and because it gives a nice new GUI interface onto existing products. The cold realization hit me this morning about this when I realized that the entire priority list as concieved of by marketing consists of ordering things based on whether or not they go "ooh, shiny!" Never has the phrase marketing weasels been more appropriate, though it's really marketing ferrets.

Last night's Rockies game (more on the strike aversion after I actually see what the agreement says) I'm just pulling this for a snippet. "The crowd of 26,330 was the smallest in Rockies' history." Okay, bite me.

The power of Q without U
When I first saw stories about this stuff, around 1994 relating to Somalia, I was very excited, merely because they were spelling it "qat". Now it has seriously lost its value to me.

I would guess Craig will post this on his today, but I just have to make a note that this is simply the most excellent head drawing the WSJ could ever have done.

I'll be mildly upset at this one, merely because at one point Sam Adams was actually brewed in Pittsburgh, and I really hope they bring back the Cranberry Lambic for the fall.

Okay, all you dangerously paranoid readers Just because those X10 cameras advertise themselves as tiny, that doesn't mean you should look for them in your animals. Dipstick.

Zero to Handbasket in 72 hours. Next move Petticoat Junction? Can we just show these pinheads something new that's shiny? I'm so happy that they are proud that this has been in development for WEEKS.

Random observation: Golfer Craig Parry really should not wear that visor he usually wears. Unless, of course, he likes being confused with Emeril.

New occasional feature. Fun with RealAudio, or Compressed NPR. Preselected NPR stuff from their archive that might be useful in quiz bowl. If the links work out, it's like a quiz bowl newscast.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

No comments: