Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Until about midnight last night, I was all set to chastise MattW for being a wimp about Amtrak. I had an excellent trip on the overnight from Pittsburgh to Chicago. Then, last night, I got in a car with a bad wheel or something that basically shook me all night long, and not in a good way. If you've ever almost been to sleep and suddenly had that flash feeling like you're falling, and you bolt to full awakening, you know that's annoying. Now imagine doing that about 15 times an hour. Not good. I ended up sleepwalking through today at work.

Otherwise it was a good weekend. Actually worked out some questions of corporate direction (namely: "we do have one, right?") and got to actually see the fabled Wrigley Field, the Art Institute of Chicago, and actual honest-to-God deep-dish. The last of those also allowed me to confirm that cold pizza is still in fact, nature's most perfect food. Also, we ended up kicking around a few notions for questions. I would hope that at least one of them you will find incapacitatingly funny when it gets read.

A weirdly enlightened method of drug control going on in Thailand. Don't know whether this is a good or a bad idea, though I doubt it would be feasible in the US, that much talc and ipecac.

Your animals and knives update (Brought to you by Lawn Darts: Thinning the herd since the 1970s.):

Henry, Clay Henry As amazing as this story is and has been, I didn't realize the celebrity angle. (update from EricS: Trial ended on Thursday, hung jury. No justice, no piece)

Some people... This one speaks for itself. Just another Buddhist monk protesting the treatment of animatronic animals...er...no.

No comments: