Monday, August 05, 2002

Two interesting bits: Your crazy old coot update, and Legends of Scab Football...

1. James Traficant is now in the right state. Transferred today from Ohio to the facility in White Deer, PA. This might be the countermeasure to prevent him from running for Congress from prison. Then again, he might run for that district.

2. Joe sent me the following, the question is worth asking:
Speaking of Stallworth in the '80s, I think even though this is primarily a celebratory weekend, we shouldn't forget the shameful fact that Stallworth was also a scab--a fact I haven't heard even once in all the press coverage, and this is Western PA fer chrissake! Is he the first sports scab hall of famer? I would like to know, but no one is talking about this.
I think he's correct, because we've only had scabs in football and baseball, and the baseball ones can't have retired yet. Then again, I can't see Keith Osik--Hall of Famer, any time soon.

No comments: