Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Today's alien, assassin, and creepy devil doll news...

I don't follow comic books much, and at a certain point this report just dissolves into completely incoherent rambling, but it does have some extra good moments, like:
"VERONICA: HAD REGGIE GET WILLIE HORTON OUT OF JAIL. VOTE BETTY." and its follow ups. But mostly because of the bit about the Thundercats. Oh, and this line: "How is Satan still scary after you've seen ALIENS? Satan needs a new agent. He needs to get together with Sigourney Weaver-- well, wait, we ALL need to get together with Sigourney Weaver. Christ, she's aged superbly-- it's amazing."

Popcap added two games recently, one of which I've found needed further testing (Noah's Ark, which I have broken through excessive clicking both times I've played it), and one which is completely deranged (Insaniquarium, the most disturbing IP infringement of the Alien from Alien since, well, I was going to say xevil, but I'll say the last link.) I get a completely weird vibe off of the game, which I think is due to either the fact that it looks like I'm feeding the fish amphetamines at high levels, their droppings appear to be coinage, and I keep wanting to scream "Three hams will kill them! Three hams will kill them!"

Nothing funny I can say here except this is probably a heads up for trash writers.

Again, nothing funny to say here, except that it was probably a bad idea to include reenactments of "The Day of the Jackal" as part of the party platform. And also, I need Ted Knight to do the voiceover here "Meanwhile, in the Palace of Justice..."

No comments: