Monday, August 12, 2002

I'm trying not to be bitter about this one, but I'm failing miserably.

No, not the Goatsucker/welfaresucker in its own "fraud with the slightest urge to be caught" way, that's morbidly satisfying. No, this is a very similar story, but one even stupider. This only serves to harden my opinion that degrees in some fields are not actual degrees, but a bizarre little scam, kinda like the old Winston University sketch on SNL. Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, HumEcies. (Sorry, that's only funny if you went to SUNY-Ithaca) Suffice it to say, I have some faith that if I tried to establish my old teddy bear as an engineer in good standing, I wouldn't get far. I'm probably entirely wrong in that thought, but I have hope. (Actually, I think I know where the certificate paper is at work... Bad thought DEK, bad thought.)

Also in the people ruining my illusions for me department. I leave this question for you: At what amount of money is it worth it for you to bite your tongue and not tell people that the way that they want something done is incompetent? No job risk mind you, just realizing that it would be better for all involved if you smacked them upside the head and said "Don't be stupid!"

Finally, I smell road trip. Even money says you can look forward to the story late Wednesday night.

No comments: