Friday, November 29, 2002

Things forgotten from yesterday's menu:

Corn pudding. Very Pennsylvania area ladies club sort of dish, creamed corn meets eggs and milk. Better than any way I can make it sound.

Appetizer: Chicken cheese ball: chicken, cream cheese, worcestershire, onions, form ball, roll in nuts. Match with butter crackers.

Dessert: Pumpkin roll, zucchini nut bread, and the under-rated mincemeat pie.

We have a really freakin' huge stack of turkey to clear. Not only were we down to 12 people, but because we dropped a few due to illness, there was a cooked, untouched additional turkey breast.

Meanwhile, I finally got to meet my new second cousin, baby Austin. I believe I was the first non-father male to handle him for significant time, given that I had him cradled in the left arm, he kept turning his head to my chest, and I had to keep telling him. "Nothing there, dude. Don't even try." After about 15 minutes of instructing him on the finer points of football. ("See that, that's a touchdown. That means points for my fantasy team, yes it does!") He then did a very male thing for watching football, or at least I thought so, but then I realized babies don't bluff. And that was the end of that.

No comments: