Monday, November 25, 2002

Ennui...Or perhaps just recovery.

Saturday went well. A solid B. I can't give us an A for it, because we cut so many things so closely. It's one of those things that I've had the pleasure of seeing a tournament run with excess staff that I realize how much better it is, unless you've had it, you can't really appreciate it. Then again, it gives us room to improve, and I think we can do that. The things that need done (more moderator training, more personnel), are fixable.

Sunday should have been an experiment in deep hibernation, were I not lucky enough to have tickets to the Steelers game. I don't understand why the hot dog with grilled onions and peppers is so good, it just is. Bengals almost made the Steelers pay for it, but no. Still the Bengals. Heinz Field remains a bit of a challenge in turfkeeping. After high school championships, and both Pitt and Steeler games, they've basically given up on the field being any good for this year. Instead of a halftime show by the band on the field, it was the band on the sidelines, and synchronized steamrollers. That was cool. Depending on the moment, we had the possibility of people being run over by steamrollers, people mistaking the steamrollers for Zambonis, a near reenactment of the Cal-Stanford play, complete with crushed trombone, and jokes about how Pittsburgh's "Sparkle Season" included a performance by Mannheim Steamroller. Disturbing comedy abounded. We then retired after the game to random ranting on sports radio, followed by a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, where I now officially find the Caribbean Jerk wings intriguing, and the Thai wings the right choice after you trade off for one of your mates' Dresden Firebomb wings.

Monday returned to normal, after all it's a short week at work. You can tell this is one of those weeks where people are just marking time. I have a little bit of stuff to do, but the developer left at 3, which made any questions I wanted to ask rather pointless. My inertia at this point will make me look positively manic after dinner Thursday. Meanwhile, I have a large stack of questions written on paper. Nothing trashy, just a stack of stuff, that I just can't seem to bring myself to type in. Eeek...Sleeepy...

No comments: