Monday, November 11, 2002

A Belgian engineer, an evil squirrel, and a superheroine walk into a bar...

Product testing, stuff I've eaten in the past week.

Lime Green Tea by Snapple. Since Snapple went down to just lemon, raspberry, and peach iced teas, I've felt a little deprived, having really enjoyed some of their discontinued stuff (cherry, strawberry, mango, mint, orange, and especially cranberry) Overall not bad, though they probably put more sugar in it than was really needed, but that might have been from me not getting it cold enough.
dnL by 7up. The thing that will mess with your head with this beverage is that it is the exact color of the 7up bottle, while having a clear plastic bottle, thus making it REALLY look like the label was put on upside down. It ends up tasting like a lime soda, though with a Mountain Dew caffeination aftertaste. Decent, though not spectacular.
Caramel Crunch. Not to be confused with the Camel Clutch, it's the next variation of an established candy bar, following in the line of the Snickers Cruncher I guess. Not bad, given I don't typically go after a Crunch in the first place, this might make my list of normal vending.machine choices.

For those of you who wonder: No. Not all the people from Pittsburgh are as messed up as I am. However, it would appear from this that I'm not quite the top end of the wacky. Hmm. Back to the plans.

Irony defined: this guy

Evil squirrel roundup: One dead, one at large.
Quote that just makes this: "Its a shame he went nuts, but I couldn't let this little beggar hold the town to ransom,"
What next, the squirrel was going to put acorns in the water supply?

Let's just file this under "why Belgium is goofy."

Is there a term for the feeling of frustration that results when one of your fantasy football players just misses the roundoff for the next set of yardage points? Because I'd be feeling it if I wasn't almost assured of a win.
James Thrash 9 yards rec
Michael Bennett 9 yards rec
Duce Staley 39 yds rec
Deion Branch 9 yds rec
Hines Ward 139 yds rec, 29 yds rush
Haven't seen this many 9's since the old PSA's for Covenant House.


No comments: