Friday, June 20, 2003

Yesterday, I fell off the wagon. Yes, I'm prowling used book stores again. Ordinarily, I'd keep my finds to myself, but this one scares me. If you happen to run across a copy of the Dictionary of Historic Documents, pick it up, pick it up NOW. (It won't be the cost listed in the link, I found mine for $12.95.) I caution that it can be used for both good and evil. (its possible uses for awesome will require more testing.) It wanders into a lot of odd categories that quiz bowl loves. Imagine a Dictionary of Treaties, a Dictionary of Legislation, a Dictionary of Famous Speeches, and a Dictionary of Religious Documents. Now combine them all.

Sad note, especially given I saw a copy of the film in CD Warehouse after I had stopped by the used book store, and it looks like stiffs.com won't touch it: William Marshall is dead. No truth to the rumor that someone staked him.

A collection of fabulous failures and fakeries.
This is just excellent, and probably would have made a much better reality show. Next week on FOX...Lifeboat!
I wish I could have called fraught on this. I like chocolate, I like potatoes. I don't like the two in combination.
This means we've been fooled.

Actual Quiz Bowl Content
1 A variety of articles on color
2 An article on Roman temple architecture and an attached glossary
3 Biography of Anders Celsius

No comments: