Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Even money says this story nets you two questions this year.

It's an interesting write-up of this, but I'm more disturbed by the possibility that going from state to state running petitions is a viable trade. I realize it's no different than political consultants going where the money takes them, but this just feels off, like it's the personal equivalent of letter to the editor astroturf.

And now a new occasional feature: Am I fraught or not?

The article (Yeah, I saw the Houma, and the Cloverleafs)

First subject: The American Basketball Association.
Second subject: Arena Football League.
Third subject: The National Basketball Development League.

Read the article, and tell me: Are these three leagues fraught or not?

My view:
ABA, Fraught: Two Mexico, and a Trenton, and the last time I thought about Trenton, I thought of the guy who was arrested for fraud, for embezzling from AmEx to pay for his indoor football teams in Trenton and Boise (yes, Boise.)
AFL, Not: This looks like a push really, and the adjustment to reality that balances out their good fortune in getting on NBC.
NBDL, Fraught: Bad mojo to lose your champions, bad mojo that despite being the preferred minor league that the NBA is supposed to draw from, the teams aren't looking at NBDL players first, and 25% of your league dropping is very bad.


Actual Quiz Bowl Content
1 Timeline of NATO
2 History of the city of Tokyo
3 The Battle of Shiloh

No comments: