Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Some days I wonder if I should simply turn point you to J-Walk for the day, given that today he manages to hit this possible bonus theme, this really dead-on commentary on "lovemarks", and this... update to our continuing coverage of the burgeoning carbonated gravy industry.

S'anyway... I'm chilling at the office because I don't have to drive anywhere. They let us out of work early today, so people could drive off, but I don't need to, and I don't need to cook anything in advance. While short weeks are necessarily odd around here, this morning it got odder. I had done part of our internal ISO audit last week, and as part of that we had to then review our lead auditor's work. Well, upon returning the review, I recieved a free gift for doing it. So I now have an umbrella, which is nice, as I didn't have one before, but doesn't get me past the whole weirdness of the exchange. I feel like I just accidentally signed up for a credit card or something.

In honor of tomorrow, I point you to this. I can attest to this being true, as not only is there a flock by my apartment, there's also a flock out at my parents' place. I think we're almost to the point that the ones out there are pets. They come to feeder regular as clockwork, and if he's very relaxed, the one with a bad leg, "Gimpy", will come down and eat by your side, provided by your side is a large bucket of corn. Gimpy will not be served tomorrow.

No comments: