Monday, November 17, 2003

Okay, First it was Snapple Pie, where they want to include the flavor of the crust in the beverage...(mmm....lardy!) Now Jones Soda is adding a special holiday flavor of.... Turkey and Gravy.
I think this will demonstrate for all of us exactly how psychotic the Atkins people are. Also, please note that this is actually set up as a test market. Those of you in Michigan, why do I fear this is going to be my bonus at some point? (I'll drink that for 30 points. Wait, no I wouldn't.)

Finally, I just have to quote some of the press release:
“With consumers becoming more and more health conscious, Jones Soda's Turkey & Gravy flavored beverage is a zero calorie and zero carbohydrate beverage that can be served warm or cold with a full flavor that will meet and will exceed our customer's expectation.”

Drinking gravy is now being considered the healthy alternative... I'm about to go Lewis Black here. How on earth can drinking gravy be considered the healthy alternative to anything...aside from not drinking gravy?

And frankly, I can't see how they can not exceed their customer's expectation. Folks, if you've reached the point in your life where you are EXPECTING to DRINK CARBONATED GRAVY, you've reached a level of preparedness that many Zen masters would envy.

Please be a joke, otherwise in 10 years when VH1 does their "I Love the [whatever this decade's called]"** the 2003 episode just got 15 seconds of blank stare footage. Especially when they lay this back to back with "Is Chicken of the Sea actually chicken?"
(via DaveBarry)

**In fact "I Love the Whatever That Decade's Called", should be the title.

No comments: