Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Open question to you all, since you are scattered about the country. If any of you swing by a Borders/Barnes and Noble or other big box bookstore in the next couple days, can you check something for me? I'm curious about whether the markdown books (usually outside, or in the entryway) are distributed evenly nationally? I just want to know if I'm being truthful if I say, you'll find book X in the bargain bin at your local....

If you're at a Borders, check which "Handy X Answer Books", if any, are in the bargain rack. I think that's as good a trace element as I can ascertain.

I'm still trying to figure out what to ask you to look for if you're at a Barnes and Noble, but I'm suspecting that they'll have a more even distribution of things, given a lot of what I'm wondering about is stuff that they (re)publish.

No comments: