Monday, May 05, 2003

This weekend's reason number three that I came to face the fact I need a scanner: As a free sample in the packaging of the grill lighter she bought, my mother got a free sample of Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends. This is the most inexplicable packaging I've ever seen. First of all, it's two packs, one of Poultry Magic, the other of Barbecue Magic. Nothing unusual in that, but then it starts getting weird. First of all, the two Nutrition Facts cannot seem to agree on what a quarter teaspoon is: One claims: Serving size: 1/4 tsp (0.8 g), the other: Serving size: 1/4 tsp (0.7g). Both claim to add no calories, though the Barbecue Magic lists brown sugar as an ingredient. Finally here are the recommended uses of Poultry Magic: "SPRINKLE ON BEFORE YOUR COOK: Steaks, Chops, Hamburgers, Fish, Seafood, Chicken..." (emphasis mine, ordering theirs.) The fact that this had to be done as a single printing, since this is all on one side of a joined pair of packets, just amazes me.


I don't mean to make a mini-Style Invitational, but this one kinda asks for "please give your best joke here" Inside Baseball Primer's review of the NL Central I found this gem:

Reggie Sanders dimmed the lights and lit candles in the clubhouse Saturday in an effort to relax the team.

Their punch line: "It's unclear whether he also sacrificed a chicken."
My punch line: "Sanders was then seen dragging housewives to Pier 1."
I guess, place your punch line in the comments.

No comments: