Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I love it when I feel the collision of trash with legitimacy. While thumbing through the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Physics (a book I consider wandering too far into depth to be incredibly useful for writing questions, but not a bad jumping off point for ideas), I came across the following definition: Theory of ferromagnetic phenomena which assumes each atom is a permanent magnet which can turn freely about its center under the influence of applied fields and other magnets. So why is this so great? The entry under which I found it: Ewing theory of ferromagnetism.

Meanwhile, if you haven't seen it already, give a little love over to fellow Cornellian Keith Olbermann and his new show. He's doing the 8pm Eastern newscast on MSNBC (midnight rebroadcast), and yes it's news, but it's also Olbermann being Olbermann. Case in point: it looks like one segment is labeled "Warning: No News Content". Kinda like this.

No comments: