Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Mostly trawling for blogstreet to see it picks up amazon links.

First of all, the initial list in table form is sitting here: I'll be adding more later. On the original list I forgot Robert Morris, and we can add TCU.

Two other things that are bothering me while I write the last third of my packet for this weekend:
1. I remember seeing this idea in one of the Carl Hiassen books, I think Tourist Season. It struck me at the time as almost the perfect coffee table. So why does it bother me now? Longtime readers will remember that I got rid of my coffee table last year, and I still haven't gotten one. Hmmm....

2. Right in the middle of reading this last week, I noticed that Archie had a clock radio which woke him up. This got me wondering, in that sort of bothersome wondering I get, because it's something I can't very well research, and I can't very well expect anyone I know to either know or care. Still I'll ask anyway: "When was the clock radio invented?" The book places it back as reasonably commonplace as of 1951(publication date), which probably is the basis of my surprise, it feels at least a decade early. Even worse, it's not likely to be a patent application, because that wasn't an era like today, where any crazy notion will get rubber stamped by USPTO. I'm not really expecting an answer from anyone, it's just a loose end that bothers me.

Finally: Fraught.

No comments: