Friday, May 23, 2003

Heading north soon, but a short edition of "I know there's a question in there somewhere", and further proof that I am spotting trends well out ahead of the curve.

One of my proudest achievements in my day job has to be the day I found I could break the software simply by turning it on, and typing a single keystroke. It never made it out of the office like that, but it was the quintessential "bug that makes no sense." So today, my heart was warmed to see that in fact, the problem may not have been in our software, but in fact it may have been in the keystroke itself. This article explains much. Especially when I realize it was the same letter that blew up our stuff. In the tradition of this: P considered harmful.

1 From the engineers who like to screw with people's minds file.
2 This is merely an excuse for me to repeat my favorite Beavis and Butthead quote. "My Liver! My Liver!" "Lower, dude."
3 "When you have incidents like this, it gives a bad rap to the whole field of integrative medicine," No kidding.

No comments: