Monday, May 12, 2003

More random than random need be.

1. Out of touch for a while, spent the Sunday doing the Mother's Day thing, which for me consists of cooking dinner. The only recipe I can offer off the top of my head is the very simple trick: Take a small jar of marinated artichokes, put contents on two bamboo skewers, grill 5 minutes over medium flame, flip over, grill 5 more minutes. Remove from skewer, serve.

2. I have no idea if this actually happened, but the image of Andy Richter doing "Yellow" just completely blows my mind.

3. I'm apparently not familiar with this phrasing, if it's any more than just a random lot of words. Anyone else ever heard of the phrase "like a porkchop in a wedding cake."

4. This website is very close to something I've been looking for a couple months now. The visual app gives a graphic map of how people's weblogs connect. Very interesting to put together, for instance, all the quiz bowl weblogs on one page, and see how they sort of direct flow to each other. (It's also kinda neat when you realize that if you get enough of them on one page, you can sort of see political liberals and conservatives flow to opposite sides of the network. The other cool bit on this page is on the neighborhood page, where it picks up all the amazon links you've made, and lists all the books you've discussed.

5. [Thanks to the folks at Countdown with Keith Olbermann for the germ of the idea, or maybe it even goes back to a tossup Carey wrote.]
I think I have an idea for a website, but I know I don't have the know how (actually, it's more like I don't have the inclination) to implement it. So we give it to you the consumer.

www.whenistomsizemoregonnadie.com

You go to the site, and it just pops up a message:

Tom Sizemore's next onscreen death occurs in Enemy of the State.
He dies at x:xx:xx into the movie.
The movie begins in 94 minutes on Starz! So tune in at xx:xx:xx to see Tom die!

No comments: