Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Until Russell Stover develops the Chocolate Covered Methlab Assortment, there's nothing more dangerous to give small child (or a small inner child) than a Cadbury's Creme Egg.
Creme Eggs were the first time in my life I ever had the reaction "that's too sweet." When you can feel the pancreas gun its engine as you eat, it's time to reconsider. I'm pondering this as I sit staring at an unhealthy number of these, that is to say a plural number. The problem for me is, the Creme Egg itself is an insane amount of sugar. The caramel creme egg is a little better. It's much more manageable in its sweetness. And then there's the Chocolate Creme Egg. Lord, I am its gimp.
The reason for this musing on chocolate and sugar comes from the Easter holiday, and also from a trip down to the Strip. They've added a chocolate of the world shop, which includes a large selection of Canadian candy, and some specialty candy that just made my head spin. For example, this trio was up for sale, and I would have bought them, had they come in smaller sizes. (Explanation: the Fire Bar isn't all that far removed from a recipe for mole poblano, which I enjoy immensely. The Naga is just odd enough that I think it would work in a similar vein to mole poblano, and the Black Pearl is just screwed up.)
I did not, however, secure a set of Peeps. This means that I couldn't participate in my favorite form of marshmallow cockfighting: Peep jousting. Doug points another interesting Peep site.
And for those of you wondering, yes, just like November first, the first day after Easter was greeted by the gift of the evil parent to the developers. Big basket of Easter candy in the office kitchen. And as you would expect, the adults go through it in exactly the same way as the kids. The taffy type ones (in this case those fruit flavored Tootsie Roll assortments) went last.

No comments: