Friday, February 07, 2003

Two slightly longer bits, notes on the day job.

1. On Tuesday we announced that we acquired another company, whose products have a tight resemblence to the product I currently test. This makes my next couple months at the office even more intriguing, as we now take all the stuff they wanted to put in at 8.0, and add in a mad rush to incorporate their stuff, so the acquisition looks justified. Fun, fun, fun.

2. The eXtreme Programming group has had a breakthrough, no not a major improvement in software. They broke through the Maginot line and will be taking over my row of cubes. This does have the feel of a situation where we aren't more efficient in the new method, so we need more people to do the job so they're more efficient. I'm still working out whether that's just paradoxical on the surface, or fraught to the core. I however, will not be involved. No, they're shipping me out to the other end of the building, along with the developers I work with. They're putting us in a ring of cubicles with the entrances facing inward. The fact that this resembles a walled city designed to keep the rest of the company at bay is purely coincidental. More news on this when I move into Fort Multiphysics, The Bronx.

No comments: