Friday, February 28, 2003

Apparently the Ad Council is having its revenge on me for mocking their public service advertising. Victoria pointed out that apparently my weblog is giving off ALL the wrong signals, and blogspot's automatic advertising toy has saddled me with an adult site as an ad. Embarrassing, but not surprising. Readers of this will have seen my posts about how wrong database collection and extrapolation (TiVo or Amazon style) would result in faulty results. Well, here's your next example.

Now that I know this is happening, I think the only thing to do is to screw with its head. It may take me a while to figure out how to do this, or balance out the existing hit rate, but it will be entertaining.

I'm really embarrassment-proof on this point these days. It would be impossible to top the total inappropriateness that I get any time I go into a Chinese restaurant.
Almost all Chinese restaurants use the same placemat, explaining the Chinese Zodiac, how certain people of certain years (4 years apart) are compatible, while others (6 years apart) are incompatible. Fine, I'm Year of the Ox. Problem is when they wrote the translation for my year everything went wrong. In every Chinese restaurant with those placemats mine reads: "Compatible with cock and snake. Sheep will bring you trouble."

No. I think we'll only get takeout.

No comments: