Saturday, February 22, 2003

The first seeds have sprouted. Spring begins. I garden, or really, I let things take up window space in my apartment, and in exchange, I collect rent in the form of leaves. Thus, with the exception of a succulent that my aunt gave me, everything I grow must be edible. So currently, there is a two-foot long tray of various salad greens, and two seedling trays of dill and basil sitting in the warmth of my laundry room.

The Tampa Bay Yachtsmen will take the field this year, unfortunately, they're taking a minefield.
Ah, spring training begins, and with it, the quest to field the worst team continues. The suck league opened up yesterday. Led by Skipper Derek Bell, hopefully the Yachtsmen, last year's Monongahela Trawlers, will repeat. One has to love a league where Rey Ordonez is a likely first round pick. Amazingly, they may be the better team in Tampa. This is just too many people associated with the Pirates. Chuck Lamar used to work for the Bucs, Bonifay used to work against the Bucs, and Thrift seems to have made his entire career on one trade with the Bucs. This much suckitude in one place could cause the Tropicana Dome to implode (glad it's not inflated up like the RCA Dome)

This looks disturbingly cool. With apologies to Bill Simmons, I really want to see them do a Moochie Norris one. And Latrell Sprewell, because the "toy Spree as choking hazard" joke never gets old. And if you look at their draft, apparently Lego Elgin Baylor (indistinguishable from the real one) picked third.

No comments: