Sunday, March 06, 2005

Two bits on ads:

1. Late last night I saw the ad for the Everlife Flashlight, which made what I believe to be a first in advertising. During the ad, they showed how it worked, and displayed Faraday's law of induction, complete with integrals. Now, I'll freely admit that I may not have all the demographics of the America public mapped out, but I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that actual flashing of integrals on television is a net negative as to what the people want.
2. Again, I could be wrong, but does anybody know if the Take 5 bar originated outside the country, and was brought back in? The reason being, I had always thought that the chocolate covered pretzel was a development out of Pennsylvania Dutch food, and yet the ad contains ad copy so horrible that I really think it was developed in another country where the English language is merely a concept.