Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Somebody who is more familiar with the news business may want to disavow me of this notion, but it seems like a solid observation at this point. In the past 48 hours, we've seen two minor features on Pittsburgh things: first on Joe Grushecky, then one on Bubba the 22-pound lobster

The odd thing I'm wondering is if this is just an annual pattern. The reason being, I distinctly remember articles on CNN a couple years back, right about this time of year, on Primanti Brothers' sandwiches, and then on the stairways that dot the hillsides in the city. I guess it makes sense if you're sending one person around to cover these things, that these would come in clusters, but it would be a bit odd if it's actually keyed to some annual cycle.

UPDATE: This update brought to you by Mutual Life, because you could die tomorrow. Just like Bubba the huge lobster.

Pittsburgh's own Bubba the huge lobster is dead. I'd just like to note that they are performing an autopsy, which means Cyril Wecht will be involved, possibly attempting to shoot down the magic butter theory. I'd also like to point out that my immediate reaction was "Yes, in fact, there is nothing that the city ends up doing that doesn't backfire on it."

No comments: