Monday, September 29, 2003

A mixed bag of stuff from the weekend.

What utterly makes this article for me is the fact that about 50% of the time when I load it up, the attached ad starts off "I live to prepare the finest chocolate souffle." Apparently it's a desperate ploy to actually get the Chocotasty Group included.

Meanwhile, this article indicates that the message of the previous article: "We'd change the pyramid, but you people weren't such idiotic gluttons, we don't think it will work," is spot on.

This article tells me that if I faked a news story telling people that my company's latest drug, felixfermin, was being tested by the FDA, I could probably make a killing, before making a killing. Perhaps the National Kidney Bean Foundation could call initial trials encouraging.

This article just begs to be promoted out, only so we can start referring to goalies who use too much padding by various giant Japanese robot names. (This sounds like a challenge, doesn't it.)

As much as this article frightens me, I know that the prof is basically doing it only so he can wear the hat. (Okay, I have to hope that's the reason. And I know that's not a good reason.)

Continuing the geek roundup: This is excellent. The one science fiction series I know from following it as a child. It, of course, won't be as good now. I don't know if I can be scared out of my wits from spray painted bubble paper any more.

The death of Robert Palmer was touched on by a couple people, and I'll concur with Tim that there was a whole lot more to his stuff than the MTV-era videos would have you believe. On his death, I ended up putting what I thought were two of his CD's in my car (one of the cases ended up having my long-lost copy of Mark Knopfler's Screenplaying in it, so I was happy for all the wrong reasons.) I have to say there's something amazingly refreshing about a guy who lines up a song by Gary Numan next to him singing in Urdu. That's a rather centered dude.

No comments: