Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Three shades of eek.

Phrase I was greeted with as my car radio clicked in: "I had been working as a civil engineer for PennDOT, but I figured out I could make more money as a stripper."
Glad I was parked. Given that the Mark Madden Show on ESPN1250 has a sort of "Strippers and Steelers" vibe on occasion I should have expected this sort of thing. But the story was of some woman who had been working for PennDOT in the bowels of Pennsylvania, until she was laid off, and then worked for the Gateway Clipper Fleet and Hooters before going to the local strip club for work. But still, eek.

Inordinately screwed-up disclaimer:
On a package of beef jerky: "The meat contained herein is for personal use only..." I don't want to know why this is here, do I? Still, eek.

I finally figured out why I've had such a viscerally bad reaction to John Edwards as presidential candidate. I finally realized it was because he looked a bit like actor Sam Neill. Then I realized Sam Neill appeared in this film. That explains it, a total coincidence, but just creepy. Still, eek.

Finally after last night's 24, I gotta add another couple things no one's getting from me: Rotary paint stripper, and flare guns. They keep this up, I won't be able to go into Home Depot. Again, eek.

No comments: