Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Gott in Himmel!
That was the first thing I said this morning, which is amazing, as I don't know German. However, I blame my Christmas present. My aunt got me an alarm clock that says the time, but she didn't realize it also said the temperature. What was a nice surprise, turned into a little nightmare this morning. How are you expected to get up when it cheerfully says "The time is 8:00, the temperature is 48 degrees Fahrenheit." That was the INSIDE temp. Outside was supposedly negative 2. I think swearing in another language is the proper response to that. This is actual cold, the first hardcore winter around here in a decade. And I think this morning I moved from "about time one of these happened" to "okay, enough."

I saw where PETA was protesting the naming of PETCO Field. Personally, I just want them to save money on the stadium by making it out of Habitrail. I think human size Habitrail would just be great, though replacing the plumbing with woodshavings would suck.

I feel bad about this now, having seen that something actually was wrong with Barrett Robins, but I have to admit, my opinion of the Raiders is so low that my first response to this story breaking was "He's not going to play? What? Did he cough up a kidney? The TEAM suspended him? Was it someone else's kidney?"

Mike's post today reminds me what I should have said yesterday about the pregnancy test ad. "Brought to you by the ONDCP and the Oceania Junior Anti-Sex League."

No comments: