Thursday, June 20, 2002

Oh great, now everyone's doing it.

No particular reason for this, other than it looks easier for me to do this, as opposed to my usual method of emailing a bunch of people whom I can remember the email addresses of with a website and/or about 10 lines of snide comments. I guess that's okay, but it takes time out of a busy schedule to do that. And invariably, I end up forgetting someone.

So what are you going to get from this?
Hopefully, it will be funny, or at least funny to me, which thankfully 90% of the time is the same thing.
Hopefully, it will have some quiz bowl content. That's going to be tricky, of course. Since I write for NAQT, I can't really give away what I've written about. But I certainly want to help people to learn, so if I find an interesting website, it will show up here. (Yes I know, I should update the Reference Desk. Unfortunately, that's one of those jobs that would take an entire week, and I never get the combination of free time and willpower to do it.)
Hopefully, it will have something outside of quiz bowl content. In theory, I have interests outside of quiz bowl. In theory.
Hopefully, you won't be shocked. Yeah, right. I once explained what made me tick with the following: "Be thankful you only have to listen to the thoughts I audiblize."

So here's the question: When do I get bored, and stop updating?

No comments: