Monday, July 26, 2004

I really want to see the tape before I pass judgement on Teresa Heinz, since it sounds like the fight every politician has had with the Trib, (and frankly I'm utterly shocked that WTAE, the station for yesterday's breaking news today, has the film.) However, I have to admit some bafflement on what exactly was the intent of the word "un-Pennsylvanian" in her statement. I can't really parse it because it's kind of asking me to define the opposite of undefined. Sure you can describe various sections of the state, the Alabama T, the corners, but nothing has ever defined the state in whole (save my usual rant categories, the LCB, PennDot, and bad demographics, and I really hope she didn't want us to be more like those). We're talking about a state that put the top of its capitol dome on its quarter, to avoid controversy, then had to explain it, because nobody could see it in real life. So I'm baffled. Is there anything that defines Pennsylvania?

No comments: