Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I don't know. Maybe it is me. I like to think that my problem with people trying to sell me things is common, maybe I'm an extreme case, but the first thing I think about when somebody tries to pull this crap with me is "You know, I don't need the size bigger than my kidneys, maybe I don't need this at all." And that is something I have done on occasion, willingly negated the effect of the secret shopper. I would love to think that more people should do this, if only to knock this fascist institution down.

(I'm sure I'm not crediting someone for this) In other fascist marketing news, the appropriate color for your brownshirt has been found. So now I at least know I'm willfully, rather than merely woefully, ignorant of the laws of the fashion police. Frankly, what's absolutely killing me about this is mangled language. One cannot simply put together two words at random and expect it to mean something. Coppertunity?! Aloeminium?! Did "Before and After" guy have a stroke and is having a weird form of aphasia?

Coppertunity really bothers me, because I can see the entire (makes the air quotes) logical path. "Let's combine something you make knockers from with something that knocks... BRILLIANT!!"

I've said before. Somehow, I liked my free markets better when they were free of marketing.

PS--Acier, I hate to tell you, but the only "expansion of cool metals" coming from Pittsburgh means that you've described the color of the bottom of an Iron City can. Stylish.

No comments: