Monday, January 12, 2004

It's too much for me to hope that as a result of this statement from Kim Jong Il, I really have to hope that by people who know nothing of computers and music, he means the RIAA. I'd pay good money to see that fight. Let those two jokers fight it out, and they don't have to bother us for a while.

In case you hadn't seen, it may be the end of the country of Niue. It's not often you see this sort of thing. Well, between these three stories: I'll declare it 30points for this year at least. 1 | 2 | 3

I had been wondering, exactly how, once you found your mad cow, you were going to dispose of the animal. I knew that burial, cremation, almost everything I could figure, none of those were guaranteed to break down prions. I now have one answer, though I'm not sure I really wanted to see that apparatus, or the fact that it's a totally gratuitous use of the phrase "such as Drano" in the article.

Meanwhile we come to this. I mention this because quite frankly, I finally have an explanation of one of the most inexplicable ballpark moments I've ever had. Apparently it was a minor league clip on the Jumbotron with a mascot approaching behind an umpire. Well, it was one of the mascots from this fine purveyor of 92-octane nightmare fuel, and well, it wasn't exactly this picture, I think it involved Roger Clamens, but it came close, and it was the same setup.
This is good. It means Joe and I weren't mutually hallucinating, possibly because Dock Ellis left some acid in Manny Sanguillen's centerfield barbeque pit. Okay, it's not "good", but better than that previous premise.

Incidentally, I'm sure this will become a running gag, so in future we'll just shorthand this to "The Clam Shot" (Insert your best caption, if you wish)

No comments: