Thursday, October 03, 2002

I hereby nominate this as the canonical example of irony.
I hereby nominate this as the canonical example of letting the still-bitter-Pats-fan write the headline.
I hereby nominate this as the canonical example of why one should not bet on a strong third party coming up any time soon.

Kenny sent me this one. Interesting to note how it's guys like this who make our sport possible.

For the record: I didn't laugh. Smiled a little, but no laugh.

I hadn't thought about this before, but the quote is excellent and his case is compelling: A comment someone posted about scientists actually verifying Dorothy Parker's rule of thumb.
"How odd. I've had a thing for women wearing glasses ever since I was five years old. The Baroness, from the GI Joe cartoon, was the ideal fantasy female in the mind of five-year old Whelp. Upon reflection, I realize that she still is. SHE wore glasses.

Beautiful. Brilliant. Well financed. Utterly evil. Who could ask for anything more?"




And finally: something you really can use. CNN's putting a set of articles together this week chronicling the competitive election races for this year. I would advise everyone to read these. It's rare something can guarantee you 100+ points this year if you absorb it thoroughly.

Day 14.
14A. Biographical Dictionary (excellent props to my old teammate, Eric Tentarelli, for compiling this)
14B. The Smoking Gun
14C. Hickok Sports History
14D. Webmuseum
14E. The Catholic Encyclopedia

No comments: