Monday, February 02, 2004

It's Groundhog Day! So today's entry is mostly about things I've written about before.

Now folks, when you go back to a couple days back and I explained how I thought that groundhogs could do things like blow up your house. Well, groundhogs do appear to be responsible for a lot of evil in the world, and thus when the rapture hit Omaha, this was allowed to manifest itself. (What d'ya say? 89 octane nightmare fuel for the kids? 92?)

I can consider myself doubly blessed in managing to catch enough of the Lingerie Bowl (purely for the irony value, okay, not purely), and CBS' "Special Mystery Halftime Guest Star". There's obviously something wrong when I'm not the only one in the room criticizing the lack of a passing game in the Lingerie Bowl. (You can take just about every connotation of that sentence and it will be true.) Also I should note there's a couple of shots of player 0 from Team Dream that really need to go onto longsnapper.com. Bill pointed out the quote of the week (possibly the year) from the Lingerie Bowl. The fake quote of the year is what's playing in my head now, after all the promotional work, I've somehow conflated voices or something, and now I have Kermit the Frog saying: "It's the Muppet Show, with our very special guest star: Janet Jackson's Breast! YEEEEAAYYYY!" And what's getting me every time is the "YEEEEAAYYYY!"

As for the rest of the game (okay the ads, I didn't have a horse to root for in this race), I really want to put together some shards-of-glass popsicles. I think this is a simple matter. Pour hot sugar syrup onto a chilled pan, allow to cool, apply hammer, put shards into freshly unwrapped popsicle. It just seems like a perfect fun family project. (Okay, if you were an evil Martha Stewart...Okay, a more evil Martha Stewart.)

Alaska's criminal bears get more airtime, as they commit check fraud for Pepsi, while the Charmin Bear expands his attempts to brainwash the youth by making that whole quarterback-center relationship just that much more awkward. A push for the reputation of bears.

No comments: