Sunday, February 15, 2004

I made a rule a long time ago, prior to starting up this, that any message I publish that was the semiotic equivalent of beating someone over the head with a baseball bat wasn't something I wanted to print. It wasn't one person, it wasn't one viewpoint, and it wasn't even just quizbowl. (For example, the Pirates general staff would probably be up and running for a Louisville Slugger Lobotomy). Let's just put it at that and move forward.

I'm more than a bit intrigued by this process. The combination of this and some of the work on aerogels (listed here) is making me wonder if the proper question of energy about twenty years from now is not the collection of oil, but agriculture, specifically ethanol. (Admittedly, the aerogel work focuses on not ethanol, but methanol, but between the two of these I can see something that could completely disrupt the home heating industry.)

No comments: