Tuesday, August 05, 2003

I have been quiet, haven't I?

It has been by choice, but not really by design. Rather, I've had a lot of things happen since I got back that have been a drag on my urge to do anything. If I had taken them by themselves I think I would have been able to give them back as good as I could, but combine them in one continuous blast, and well, it laid me out. So, yeah, I've been down. Not depressed, and not any worse off, just lacking the will to document where the toes were stubbed.

Short form:
Too much work in the day job coming back from vacation, to make deadlines, which were immediately followed by firings (not me, but people adjacent). The night job just sucked up the remaining free time. The Pirates then made a series of very depressing trades, and then I had to attend a wedding.

I may go through parts of it in detail later, but not right now.

Two happy bits:
1. A completely unexpected arrival has come to my neighborhood. While leaving for work this morning I saw a family of wild turkeys walking along the edge of the woods next to my apartment. I had not expected that at all. I've become fond of the gang of turkeys at the parents' homestead, and knowing there are young (whatever young turkeys are called... turklings?) means I'll probably have a little flock to watch for the next year.
2. A got an early 30th birthday present. I can now remove Logan's Run from my Amazon wish list.

More later, this entry is really just a placeholder to let you all know I'm still working at it.

No comments: