Thursday, March 20, 2003

If CNN keeps up the ALL CAPS in their headline for the length of this war, I'm going to have to find another online news service. It's like CNN is screaming in a flame war. I keep waiting for the headline to turn into L337-speak.

I find myself wondering it that was Saddam on that tape last night, and the picture here doesn't help. Especially as if it was him, he's starting to resemble what would happen if you slapped a moustache, beret, and fatigues on Jerry Lewis in hour 18 of the Labor Day Telethon. I suppose if Saddam brings out a kid in a wheelchair, and funnyman Fred Travalena...

Meanwhile back home, we seem to be neatly split between the crazy-ass people against the war, and the crazy-ass people for it. Never has it been more plain to me that we are all completely insane, we just find new and exciting ways to demonstrate this fact.

An update, my state rep is now my state senator, even though he's on active duty. Thus he won't be able to take on the hard hitting issues, like this great debate. Please note, yes, he was a sponsor of this bull...I mean bill.

Finally: Found object: This is apparently on the same server that the Reference Desk is on. (Yes, I've become VERY lazy about updating that.), I'd suggest reading the history bit, because, well, the concept of someone writing a tossup on the historical methods of vinegar production just amuses me. But the main page absolutely kills me, by virtue of being possibly the most random place one would ever find a special link to baby pictures..

No comments: