Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Product Testing:
When I was an impressionable freshman up on Cornell's north campus, I made it my duty to examine all my beverage possibilities at the dining hall. And believe me we did have options, including three that I wasn't used to coming in fountain form. Birch beer was tolerable, but the other two, Mr. Pibb, and Fanta Red, were just plain nasty. Mostly because they never got the carbonation right, and you ended up with a big flood of syrup on ice. Well, tonight I got myself a bottle of Dr. Pepper Red Fusion. Not good at all. It manages to be an unbearable Tussin-y combination of prune and cherry early, but it seems to coat your tongue until you get no flavor for anything after the first five sips. The flavor was what I imagine combining Fanta Red and Mr. Pibb would taste like.

Also I picked up one of the Double Delight Oreos (Mint and Creme) Underwhelming (flavor is indistinguishable from Grasshopper cookies), and suffering from a fatal flaw of Oreo formation. That being you can't twist one of the cookies and get a clean break. You will always get one side with creme, one with mint. For those of us who go for the double DoubleStuf, this is unacceptable.
My mother would also be waylaid by this. She twists, scrapes one side clean and just eats the cookies. (Yes, this meant that late at night there would often be a plate sitting there with 30 milligrams of pure Nabisco crack. I'm sure there's a twelve-step for that, but I'm not interested.)

Not the facts: About C.M.Coolidge

Day 6.
6A. ArtLex
6B. The Victorian Web
6C. How Stuff Works
6D. Congressional Biography Guide
6E. Flags of the World

No comments: