Thursday, August 12, 2004

Just wondering:

Dan LeBatard's crazed leaping to the defense of Dave Wannstedt, during this afternoon's PTI, got me to thinking. Earlier this year, when I called fraught on Dan Marino's stint as GM of the Dolphins, I didn't think much of it once it collapsed the next day. However, looking at what's transpired in the past couple weeks with the Dolphins: losing Ricky Williams, losing David Boston, choosing to bring in a new QB, then getting A. J. Feeley, I'm beginning to think I may have underestimated exactly how big a call I was making. There is serious possibility of a hideous season for these guys, and I almost feel sorry for them. Had I known that this would have been the result (team wreckage, salt sown in your SportGrass), I might have held back.

No comments: