Sunday, May 23, 2004

Two things of mixed value:

1. Joe once pointed out the fact that In-n-Out Burger gives you the salt packet for your fries separately. Well, Wendy's has been doing this as well, though I think they just cut back on the total salt, and then offer you a kicker if you want it. I'm perfectly fine with that notion. I don't need the total amount of salt I probably get with other fries, and I kind like the low-salt flavor.
What I don't like is the fact that they just sort of throw the salt packets in the take out bag, which leads to unintentional comedy like yesterday. I was coming back through Bridgeville, having picked up a meal, and naturally, I start doing the sideways fry grab. (You know this motion, it should be an exercise, because that's the only way that sequence of muscles gets utilized.) Well, I think you can see the setup, I grab a bunch of fries, insert in mouth, bite down, and get a blast of pure salt to the tongue. Let me tell you, had I wrecked the car, I think a liability case would have been mine.

2. I'm so glad this was a prank. While I can recognize the humor in this easily (especially the little touches, like picket signs entirely in binary, and the fact that I may have a new deathmatch notion: ROBOTS VS BADGERS, WHO WILL WIN?), I'm hard pressed to come up with a future more frightening to me than the notion of Robots having a labor union. It's an interesting point on my political character that I'm less frightened of the concept of SkyNet creating the T-1000, than creating Hoffabot-5000. (Whether Hoffabot will be armed with a Norma Ray, I leave as an exercise for the reader.)

No comments: