Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I guess I can go off of Defcon 1, but only down to Defcon 2. The second most stressful thing going on near me has finally climaxed. (story here) The company's been in my mother's family for 80 years, and this is where I got my first job, cleaning shelves in the parts department. This has been over ten months of crazy, and even if I'm not the directly affected, it was topic one in every Sunday dinner since. So now, we go to the second act.

Still, even if I feel knocked off kilter by it, I feel insulated from it. It's not even the craziest local crime story I can relate. (watching your family's insurance agent get nailed for arson, by fleeing a building with his pants on fire. With a gas can in hand. And the building explodes. Yeah, that's going to top anything.)

Still, at least nobody died in it. More than I can say for this killer. Just look at him, he dressed to facilitate his killings, and his eyes, no remorse there. Probably jacked up on Peruvian marching powder when he did it. If we let him out there, he'll do it again.

No comments: