Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm still working on compiling my vacation (only have written up through Day 4 of 11), but two things came up that needed comment before that.

1. Pennsylvania has their new tourism slogan.

"I break for shoo fly pie."


This is clearly from the "We couldn't come up with a state slogan to include all
the state, so we will just pick something inoffensive, AND THEN screw up the spelling." school of thought.

2. Driving into Pittsburgh, I have run across a billboard for Ford that defies science.

"Sticks to the ground like a positively charged electron."


Yes, this is very wrong. Do I really want a car that annihilates itself on contact with common, everyday matter? Nothing left but $1500 worth of Dealer Prep. Apparently, Ford thinks cars made of antimatter are the new SUV's.

No comments: