Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Four odd bits from my drive from work to summer practice.

1. For some reason the local golf course which has tried to be the respected PGA Tour Stop has added something they call the "John Daly Learning Center." I'm not really sure if one can applied the Scared Straight metaphor to golf.

2. The election is over here, and we had the odd moment of me considering whether I should vote for former Steeler Dwayne Woodruff for the court of common pleas. Not quite Jim Rooker running for Congress, but then again what is.

3. As bad as that thought, the other option was somebody named, I honestly swear, Robert Downey, Jr. I have to figure that you want to have a Judge of Common Pleas familiar with all the common pleas, so maybe that is bold television on their part.

4. Driving past Parkway Center Mall, I see the following sequence on the mall's flashing annoucement ticker.

"JEZEBEL.... FOR COMMUNION DRESSES"


In other news....
RIP Frank Gorshin. Be sure to scare the crap out of this guy on your way out. Pittsburgh demands it.

No comments: